Office of Inspector General Logo Image
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Online Hotline Complaint Form

Online Hotline Complaint Form


About the Online Hotline Complaint Form

The Office of Inspector General investigates fraud, waste, abuse, and whistleblower reprisal involving programs within the Department of Commerce and its bureaus and any grant funds or Commerce contracts.

  • If your complaint concerns a federal agency but does not specifically involve wrongdoing concerning a Department of Commerce employee, grant, or contract, please visit IGNET to see a list of inspectors general in other federal agencies.
  • If your complaint involves a state or local government, please contact that state's attorney or attorney general.
  • If your complaint involves a U.S. patent or intellectual property, visit USPTO.
  • If you wish to report identity theft, visit the Federal Trade Commission's identity theft reporting page.
  • If you wish to report prohibited personnel practices, visit either the Office of Special Counsel or Merit Systems Protection Board.
  • If your complaint concerns EEO matters, please contact the Department of Commerce, Office of Civil Rights.
  • If you wish to report Prohibited Personnel Practices (PPP), contact the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC). (Note: Reprisal for whistleblowing is a PPP and may be reported to OIG as well as OSC.)

  • Online Hotline Complaint Form

    Please choose the topic of your complaint.

    Please choose the Commerce bureau involved. If your complaint involves Commerce headquarters or the Office of the Secretary, choose the Office of the Secretary.

    Choose which best describes the subject of your allegations.

    The alleged violator (enter as much information as you can):

    Information about you :

    What would you like to report?

    “Currently, we are enhancing the security of this complaint form. It is possible, though unlikely, that complaints submitted by the online web form may be read by persons other than your intended source. If you are concerned about this you may choose to contact us via phone, fax, mail, or in person.”